Re: New Cars (non-LBC?)

To: David Lieb <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com>
Subject: Re: New Cars (non-LBC?)
Date: Thu, 05 Dec 2002 00:18:55 -0500
Cc: Spridget List <spridgets@autox.team.net>
If you're happy with the P/T Cruiser, this turbo Dodge guy votes for the
Neon SRT. My son has a 98 Sport and auotcrosses the heck out of it all
summer. It's approaching 95,000 miles, looks new, runs great, seats 5,
beats ricers and gets great milage.Not a wagon or hatch, but the seats
do fold down. The turbo (and Daimler Quality Control) can only be
better. My Shelby Charger has 179,000 on it and until I over boosted the
turbo, ran sweet. I cooked a piston at the drags and am now rebuilding
the motor while running a junkyard motor for the winter.

Pick up the current (January) Sport Compact Car magazine. Subscription
is here, may be on the news stand a little later. It has a comparo of 8
cars under $20,000. Neon SRT, VW GTI, Mini Cooper S, Mazdaspeed Protege,
Focus SVT, Tiburon V6, Sentra SE-R, and Civic SI. Hint: the Neon runs
14.2 in the quarter and second in the slalom course for $19,995.

My 2 cents
Dave & Bobbie