Re: Mercedes for sale no LBC

To: spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Mercedes for sale no LBC
Date: Thu, 05 Dec 2002 07:51:25 -0700
Too bad it's in NJ.
If it is a 6.9 it should have the trunk badge and as it is a dry-sump you
should see the oil tank by the right front fender when you lift the hood.
The (M100) engine alone should fetch 2K on ebay. As a former member of the
M-100 club I can attest to the 100MPH+ cruising capabilities of that car.
The 450se in the movie "Ronin" was a 6.9. They are expensive by an order of
magnitude over a LBC to keep. Short of the 6.3 300SEL the 6.9 is perhaps
Mercedes best sedan ever.

If you can, send me some pictures off-list and I'll think about it.

On the other hand if it is a 4.5 (m-117) engine. It's pretty white bread and
1K is a fair asking price.
--
Jay Shaffer
"First time without a MB in 14 years"