Minor For Sale - NorCal

To: morris@autox.team.net
Subject: Minor For Sale - NorCal
Date: Fri, 06 Dec 2002 00:14:08 -0800
Cc: MORRISMINR@aol.com, british-cars@autox.team.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
This Just In!!!

Hey Listers,

Just got a call about a Minor 4-door that has gone up for sale in the San
Francisco Bay Area, city of San Mateo. It has been owned by the same guy
for many years. It is a nice, fairly clean, and VERY straight and solid,
gray, 1961 deluxe that was originally converted to a Ford Cortina
1600/4-speed down in the San Diego area back before Datsun conversions
became the rage in the US.

The owner fitted a low-milage Pinto 1600 (same engine - UK built) when he
bought the car and has since installed tube shocks, disc brakes and a few
other goodies. It looks all stock and Britishy from the outside.

The owner is selling it because he just purchased Phil Finer's finer,
two-tone-blue, Datsun powered '58 Minor van and is finishing a stock
looking, Pinto 2,300/automatic powered, 1929 Nash landeau saloon. (The man
obviously has a hatred of stock powertrains!) He also has too many cars!!!

He is asking $3,000 and is pretty firm about this price. I've seen the car
and it is very presentable looking, but I have never driven it and I think
that one should do this before buying it. I have driven Cortina conversions
and they were the way to go before the Datsun conversion, with its 5-speed
option, became available. The 1600 stuff is WAY stronger than the BMC
mechanicals but is a bit heavier. I see an Owen Burton sway bar in its
future!!

Don't write or call me,
I'm 400 miles away!!!!

Contact: