Re: Bugeye Floor Panels

To: Larry Miller <millerls@ado13.com>
Subject: Re: Bugeye Floor Panels
Date: Sat, 07 Dec 2002 23:27:53 -0500
Cc: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Larry,

I don't remember seeing any "SPRINT" mounts on the Bugeye. <big grin> I
have to give serious thought about the floors, it was 8 years ago that I
was doing that part and I didn't take a real good photo I bet. I'll have
to look through the box of photos that don't make the albums. I do know
I cut out every piece of floor I could and left the spring mounts
hanging there, but I can't remember if the old floor isn't welded to the
upper part of the mount and just slid out, or if I cut as much away as I
could and fit it in over top as best I could. I think by cutting the
spot welds on the vertical panel and the rest of the bracing I just
yanked it out. The front of the mount is held to the floor and inner
brace with a couple bolts and I remember it drooping down when the floor
was gone. Isn't the back edge of the floor flanged and the flange stops
right where it goes over the mount? Can't remember for sure.

Dave