Re: Bugeye Floor Panels (really)

To: millerls@ado13.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Bugeye Floor Panels (really)
Date: Sun, 8 Dec 2002 10:07:22 -0800 (PST)
Larry,
I measured and cut my floor pan around the spring
mount then with a piece from the old floor pan as a
template I fabricated a reasonable substitute out of
20 gage sheet. I then welded this new piece onto or
into the new pan.  My intent would now be to spot weld
the floor pan to the spring mount and the spring
hanger to the floor pan. The floor pan would
effectively be sandwiched as the original. The U-bolts
for the springs secure the whole mess ensuring the
structural integrity.
Well, that's my story anyway.
I can forward digital photos of the modified pan if
your interested.

Larry Pitts
60 BUG