Re:

To: "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>, "Fehér Gergõ" <fggf@freemail.hu>
Subject: Re:
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2002 10:45:25 -0600
> There are no sparks now.
> What could I do wrong?

One possibilty that frequently comes up with the electronic conversions is
the lack of an adequate ground to the moving points plate in the dizzy. From
the factory there is a braided ground wire from the side of the dizzy to the
plate. If that is broken, the grounding of that plate is sporadic at best.
This frequently will destroy Pertronix and IMHO is the reason their
reputation is not better than it is. If I were their design team, I would
implement a dedicated ground line. As it is, the two wires are power and
signal, no ground at all. Make sure your ground braid is present and intact
in your dizzy.
Yes, it impacts point-based ignitions as well, but generally just to the
point of leaving you with the feeling that it could be better, so it seldom
gets the attention it should.
David Lieb
Pertronix in all my Midgets
Points in the glove box ;-)