Re: [midgetsprite] 65 Triumph Herale Vitese Convertible

To: "conan" <conan@intrex.net>, "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [midgetsprite] 65 Triumph Herale Vitese Convertible
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 00:19:43 -0000
The Herald and the Vitesse were basically variations of the same
vehicle.  Initially had the same chassis and body tubs, just the
Vitesse had twin headlamps.  The Vitesse had a 6 cylinder, 1600cc
engine, later replaced by a 2 litre engine.  The Herald started out as
a 998 4cylinder and progressed through the 1200 to the 1360 lump.

Chassis and running gear of both was shared with the Spitfire.

A friend here has a Vitesse Convertible1600 with O/d gearbox.  Makes a
nice small family car for summer use.  Not as nimble as a Sprite, but
has more style than most things on the road these days!

Guy