GSA Auctions (Cars but no LBC)

To: spridgets@autox.team.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: GSA Auctions (Cars but no LBC)
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 10:40:19 EST
I know it's a little off topic, but I was just checking the GSA auctions at
www.gsaauctions.gov, and it has me a bit miffed.

Under Automobiles, in California, they are selling off a bunch of electric
vehilcles that must have been used for a short time in Yosemite.  Check out,
for only $600, a 34 pass. 1996 Blue Bird electric bus with 4,304 miles on the
clock.  I'm sure that bus musta cost a WHOLE BUNCH of money back in 1996, so
why did they only use it for 4,604 miles, why has it been sitting for over a
year (as it said in the ad), and why are they selling them?

BTW, there are SEVERAL other electric buses, all with low miles and been
sitting for over a year.  What happened to fiscal responsibility?  There are
my tax dollars going down the drain.

Then, take a gander at the scrap vehicles in Arizona!  The border patrol
takes delight in breaking the frames on new Expeditions!  There are TEN 1997
and 1998 Expeditions, all with broken frames!  That's nearly a half million
dollars in junk Fords!  The TOTAL bid so far on ALL ten is only $1700.

Maybe there is someone in the southwest who can tell me how the border patrol
can wreck so many expensive cars.

OK, I'm done.  Sorry.

Allen Hefner
Phila. Region SCCA Rally Steward