Re: HELP! Pressure bleeding Brakes*

To: soavero@yahoo.com, w_burrell@yahoo.com, spridgets@autox.team.net, midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: HELP! Pressure bleeding Brakes*
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2002 06:35:28 EST
I too am in the middle of a brake job.  My Advance Auto MC finally started
leaking, after so long singing its praises, and I pulled it and installed a
Lockheed rebuild kit.  Reinstalled it seems not to be leaking.  The bore
looked good so I didn't do anything with it.   I suppose the problem with the
Advance MCs is the quality of the rubber they use in the cylinder?

Anyway, I have the car up on jackstands, all four wheels removed, new brake
shoes/pads installed, disks and drums back in place, and I am ready to bleed.
 Do I have to do anything in particular in regard to the brake proportioniing
device, or is it still just "bleed the furthest away from the MC first and
work from there"?

I have a Mityvac that I have never used.  Any advice on doing that is welcome
too.

--David C.