RE: Removing A-arm pins

To: "Owner spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Removing A-arm pins
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 23:18:20 -0800
> I'm trying to replace the A-arms with a rebuilt pair.  I've gotten
everything
> torn down just fine.  The problem now is the pins that hold the A-arm to
the
> frame.  They won't budge.  I've beaten them, pried, soaked with penetrant,
> etc.  No luck.  Any suggestions on removing them?  I'm discouraged.

What has made the difference for me on getting these off is heat.  Heating
the ends of the bolts up with a propane torch seems to break the rust free
and allow them to be driven out without beating up the brackets on the frame
too much.  I recommend doing this in a well ventilated place-the rubber
bushings make a lot of very bad smelling smoke.

Bert
3 Midgets and 2 Sprites, and none on the road (but one's pretty close)