Re: [midgetsprite] Teflon tape and brake fluid

To: midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com, spridget list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [midgetsprite] Teflon tape and brake fluid
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 10:34:58 -0600
Bill,
         The brake fittings that are on the steel lines seal by contact,
and slightly deforming the line. (there's probably a term for that.)
Anyway, the only reason to use the Teflon@ tape is to make future
disassembly easier. Personally I feel a better technique is to use a
"schmear" of anti-seize compound on the portion of the tube that is under
the nut for future removal. You could also add a bit to the nut threads as
well. The seal itself should be dry. In fact, writing this somewhat
disjointedly, I would recommend against the Teflon@ as it might mask a
small leak that may be catastrophic at an inopportune time.
         Heck.... it's only brakes.
Peter C
=====
At 09:52 AM 12/19/2002, bill b. wrote:
>Getting it all together and ready to re-install.

<SNIP>