Re: This can't be right - Steering Rack ?'s

To: James Gruber <thistle_3619@yahoo.com>, Spridgets Digest <spridgets-digest@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: This can't be right - Steering Rack ?'s
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 23:36:54 -0800
Jim,

If you were trying to wrap the inner tube completely around the rack, that
will likely be too much (as you say). Using a strip 1/2 to 2/3rd the
circuference should work fine. you don't need to disassemble anything to
place the strips other that remove the top clamps and lift the rack enough
to slip the strips underneath. On top is fine too. I do mine with a strip
of fabric reinforced neoprene from a sheet I bought from Orchard Supply
Hardware.

Gerard