Re: Seat/slide frame nuts, Whitworth?

To: Gbouff1@aol.com
Subject: Re: Seat/slide frame nuts, Whitworth?
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2002 20:23:44 -0500
Cc: bugeye@yahoogroups.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Gbouff1@aol.com wrote:

> I'm starting the disassembly of my Bugeye

Gary

The seat slide nuts are 5/16 x 24 (fine thread) on the front and 1/4 x
28 on the rears. Available anywhere. The front bolts are studs welded to
the rails, be carefull torching or cutting them, the rears are just
bolts. Of course I have drilled and welded new bolts to the fronts then
grinded off the heads. The seat will interfere with the heads of the
bolts when you slide it.

All whitworth nuts, bolts, and threads are contained to the fuel system.
Tank drain plug, threads on the fuel pipe, carb screws and nuts.
When restoring a Sprite, it is a good idea to buy a box of 1/4 x 28s,
5/16 x 24. and 3/8 x 24 nuts & bolts. It sure beats cleaning all the old
ones. $20 - $30 worth of new nuts and bolts will save you hours if not
days on a restoration.
Welcome to the list.
Merry christmas too.

--