A Christmas Observation

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: A Christmas Observation
Date: Wed, 25 Dec 2002 09:51:36 -0800
Last night, we were trying to get my 3 year old daughter to wind down and go
to bed so that "Santa" could come (so I could assemble the various toys with
Chinese directions!).  My daughter always wants us to lay with her as she is
falling to sleep, Christmas eve or no, she wanted me to stay with her.  I
said, " We all need to get to bed and get to sleep so that Santa can come
and bring your presents."  And she answered, "Daddy, I already have enough."
Stunned with the depth of her statement, I thought to myself how I wish we
as adults would make the same statement when forced to choose between time
with family, and the endless pursuit of more things.
David Riker
63 Falcon
70 Torino
74 Midget