Re: click adjust revisited 07:24:30 -0800

To: pythias@pacifier.com (Bill L)
Subject: Re: click adjust revisited 07:24:30 -0800
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2002 13:48:20 -0500 (EST)
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Bill-

Tappet clearances:
Tighter is better than less tight on valves?

Well, within reason, on the tight side
(slightly) will make for more quiet running
but won't do anything for power according to Vizard's tests on a dyno.

Go too far in this direction and you can
burn valves but we are talking more than
a couple of thou here.

When it's the other way, it's a little more
noisey but will produce more power....
Vizard says it's got to do with higher
acceleration rates in terms of the cam
profile's max lift and the follower spending less time on the cam's
clearance
ramp to produce the profile's max lift. (Pg.
307 of his revised "bible").

Admittedly, this gets a little beyond my
technical expertise!! :)

But, slightly on the loose side seems
a better idea....if I read Vizard correctly.

Cap'n. Bob (Ret'd)
      '60 Frog