Re: click adjust revisited

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: click adjust revisited
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2002 17:34:16 EST
I have been following this thread, and I have never had a problem adjusting
valves. I think they might have more tolerance that you think. But I felt as
long as I was consistent it would work.
Basically I tighten the adjuster until I can pull the feelers out, and slowly
back in up until it just starts to give way, then come back, on hair. Then
tighten the nut.

No one taught me this, just my own way of doing it. Is this how everyone else
does it?

On the valve cover gasket issue, I basically do the same thing. Permantex it
to the cover. They last and last. I did see thick rubber gaskets somewhere,
was that for a TR or a Spridget?

David Oliner