Fw: Vinyl adhesive

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fw: Vinyl adhesive
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 19:46:48 -0500
3M makes some really good stuff but you have to put it on so thick because
it is aerated to get it to spray. For heavy jobs I have had excellent
results using "Weldwood" contact cement. You can get it at Wal-Mart in a
fairly large can or small bottle. Use a stiff paint brush to apply and let
it dry before joining. If you are doing the dashboard, tack one end down and
have a helper heat the vinyl with a decent hair dryer (or heat gun if you
have one) while you stretch it in all directions if possible (might get some
extra hands for that part) and join it...

Kent
1960 Bugeye
1978 Midget "Drippy" (How's that for a name?)
1976 Midget "Boneyard" (Now becoming a piece of eBay history!)

Subject: Vinyl adhesive

 Anybody