Re: LBC Question

To: Bushwacker4@prodigy.net
Subject: Re: LBC Question
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2002 09:41:49 EST
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 12/30/02 3:20:06 PM Pacific Standard Time,
mgraziano@mindspring.com writes:

> > Can anybody tell me the weight of a 1500 engine
> > with manifolds, starter, water
> > pump, and distributer still on it. No carb, fan
> > clutch, alternator or smog
> > stuff. Just need an approximate weight.

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

We pulled Larry Macy's engine last summer and it was less than 3 tons.  We
had a 3 ton engine hoist and it handled it fine.  ;-)

Sorry to be a smarta.. but I really don't know the engine weight.  I believe
the entire car (wet) is around 1900 lbs.  I wouldn't try to lift the 1500
engine out without a hoist, like Frank does with 1275s.

Allen Hefner
Phila. Region SCCA Rally Steward
'77 MG Midget  (#51 FSP)
'75 MG Midget (The Project)