Update on vinyl adhesives

To: Spridget list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Update on vinyl adhesives
Date: Thu, 02 Jan 2003 14:18:59 -0600
Dear Group,

I spent a few hours testing various suggested adhesives and tack times.
I believe I found a great system in DAP Weldwood Contact Cement, left to
tack up at least 10 minutes under warm conditions (I was using a twin
halogen shop lamp system which heated the work surface up to at least
80F).

I applied this adhesive to both the fabric backing of the vinyl and the
panel board.  Once the glue was slightly to non-tacky to the touch,
folding the vinyl over while pulling it slightly to stretch it made for
an instant bond, and one which only pulled away where I didn't apply a
thick enough coat to completely cover the surface.

I've taken some photos I will get posted to the Yahoo Groups Bugeye list
soon, but not until the film is developed!

Best wishes for the New Year,

Tim C.