A arm progress & Thanks

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: A arm progress & Thanks
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2003 09:49:07 EST
I'm sorry if this is too late but here's what I just did on my A arm pins.
On the front one I loosened the nut, put a rod on it so it stuck out front
and hammered it loose, then used a smaller diameter rod (1500 pushrod) to
push it through.  Back one was turned the other way (nut to back of car) and
I ground the head off with an angle grinder by taking the guard off (don't
set it on the floor till it stops!).  Then I used a chisel between the nut
end washer and the mounting flange to open it up a little.  Mine was still a
bitch the whole way out so I opened the hood and dropped a ball joint fork
straight down into the gap and pounded it untill the pin was out.  The
disadvantage of this is you ruin two specialty bolts but I think they're
available cheap so if you're not in a hurry or can order them ahead this
method is fast and easy on the car and suspension.

Mark M.