Re: Ugh EST

To: HealeyRic2@aol.com
Subject: Re: Ugh EST
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003 07:36:53 -0500 (EST)
Cc: Ankitterer@aol.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Ah huh...Rick:

Now...this just "sounds" right....I mean
you must do something with the tensioner
especially after 70,000 miles as in the
case in question. On a "non-interference"
engine, belt/chain failure is one thing but
on an "interference" motor, it's normally
a major disaster.

I am about to leap into the shower area...
(after feeding the cat, of course) then on
to the corner store for coffee, hard roll and
 "commie" NY Metro newspaper, as I head for a discussion with my
mechanic.

He should be in a position to know or at
least find out what the factory's task card
calls for in terms of a timing belt change
for a '98 Volvo V70R.

Cap'n. Bob (Ret'd)
      '60 Frog