Re: Stuck Bugeye Hinge Screws

To: spridget list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Stuck Bugeye Hinge Screws
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 02:30:57 -0800
If you have not buggered the slots up yet, you might try an impact
screwdriver tool.  Horrible
Freight sell a set cheap.  It looks like a big round chrome plated bar
with a collar on one end
that holds the big Phillips bit and a round flat surface on the other
end to hit with a hammer.
You
turn the collar in the direction of the arrow on the collar for the
direction you want the
screw to turn.  I used this for my door screws and striker plate to
remove them and then to
install them again.  Spray a little liquid Wrench, Busty, Kroil, ect. on
the screw before
hitting the tool.
Vigorous smacking of the tool will work almost any screw loose.
Mike MacLean-60 Sprite

JHa2297255@netscape.net wrote:

> im trying to remove my drivers side door (pass side is already off)
The screws are not being
cooperative. Any tips on this? I tried heating/liquid wrench on them but
ran out of liquid
wrench, fight it tmrw night. I got two of the top 3 but none of the
bottom three. Any ideas?
Thanks-Josh