Quite a haul

To: "spridgets@autox. team. net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Quite a haul
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 20:21:13 -0600
Today is turning out to be a good day.

After getting the Volvo thing resolved, I met up with an old friend of mine
after work. I had just found out last week that many years ago he used to
own a Mini Cooper. I knew he had owned a Midget in the 70's before he got
into go-kart racing. Now he's into bikes.

Anyway after work today, he gives me a paper sack with some books in it.
"I'm not going to need these, I thought you might like them."

One of my favorite things was a wonderfully battered old "Mini Cooper" key
fob.

The Books:

"How to Modify your Mini" David Vizard 1977
"the MG Story" Joseph Wherry 1967
A Mini Haynes Manual 59-75
Some MG sales literature, early through mid '70s
"Sprite/ MG Midget handbook and Service Manual" (Clymer) 1974
"Tuning SU Carburetters - w/needle charts" Speedsport 1975
"BMC Minis - Maintenance Tuning and Modification" Marshall and Fraser 1965
"Tuning the Mini" Clive Tickley 1972
"More Mini Tuning" Clive Tickley 1974
"Tuning BMC Sports Cars" Mike Garton 1970 (Lots o' Spridget. Mike owned the
'62 LeMans coupe for a while)
"Austin Mini Cooper Driver's Handbook" BMC '65 I think. It's for a 997
Cooper. Very good, not perfect condition.

and a "Very '70s" homemade MG plaque that Lily thinks is the coolest.

I'm pretty psyched.

Phil Vanner
Minneapolis
'61 Midget