carb choice for a 1275

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: carb choice for a 1275
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 08:41:45 -0500
i took off my 40DCOE weber in favor of the twin SU's!
the car has the exact same response as with the weber with my SU's.
now both the weber and the SU's are tricked out!  but i chose the original
apearing carbs over the weber for show apearances.
it appears almost stock underhood (to the untrained LBC experts) with the
later SU carbs on it. (it drove the MGB guys crazy at the LBC
rally.....he-he-he!)
as for response?  extremly responsive and no lag at all.  (umm quicker than
an MGB with some mods done to it....) smooth and resonsive from idle right
through wide open throttle.
frank has driven my car and i bet if he did not see it with his own eyes he
would have thought it was a weber.  actually frank sorta-kinda liked how it
ran.  and i told him not to baby it!  also brian seavey has had a ride in
the car too.  it's no slouch even with two people in it. (it's much more fun
with one and even more fun with less of me in it!).
but a well tuned SU will perform very well.
choices of the right throttle plates, right throttle shafts(fittment) and
proper adjustments so they operate together at the same time is critical.
but do not discount the original equiptment!  and with some modifications it
will run like stink!  some intake porting, a good flowing head, an agressive
cam with lots of advance in the timing with primo fuel and you will be
amazed at what these engines can produce!

chuck
off to eastwood's store to pick up a tool!