RE: Cranks ID

To: "'Giro, Ralph'" <rgiro@ufl.edu>
Subject: RE: Cranks ID
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 20:48:09 -0500
Cc: "Spridget List" <Spridgets@autox.team.net>
Ralph,
        The EN40 Cranks have EN40 cast (not stamped) prominently on the
side of one of the throws. It will be cross drilled at the rod journals.
Non-EN40 cranks can also be cross drilled. A crank stamped 1312 is a
EN16or17. I'm not familiar with the other number. One way to test an
EN40 crank is to take a small round file and try to file a marking into
your two cranks. The 1312 will cut relatively easy. The EN40 will not.

Regards,

Tom Speed
Charlotte, NC