MGA Update

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: MGA Update
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 11:32:08 EST
Cc: midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com
Well, I finally got an address out of the guy and went and looked at the MGA
yesterday.

Body appears to be all there, wire wheels.  Front bumper, grille, engine,
trans, dash, steering wheel, and interior are missing.  But the good
news...according to the seller...is that is has been set up for a Ford 302!
I noticed something welded or bolted under the car, from sill to sill at
about the middle of the door opening...new trans crossmember?????

He wants $700...or best offer, has no title, and may push it out in the
street to have it picked up by the city if he doesn't sell it soon.

Supposedly the car belongs to a friend that moved to Austin.  The friend had
it at a storage facility and someone stole the engine, trans, bumper and
grill.

If I had a couple of hundred extra bucks right now (still tapped out from
Christmas) and a place to put it, I might make an offer.  Maybe if I drive by
and it's still here this summer.

Robert Houston

  If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an
  infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without
  even considering if there are men on base.
 -- Dave Barry