RE: 61 sprites

To: "'Brad Fornal'" <toyman@digitex.net>
Subject: RE: 61 sprites
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 19:51:59 -0800
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
You really have to define "61" as Gerard did, because many 61 Bug-I's
were sold.  My "61" has a tag from the factory that is attached to the
ID plate with (61 BMC) on it.  OK so the car came off the line around
the 4th of July 1960, but it was sold as a "61" in "61" from the local
BMC dealer.  So even though all the paperwork says this is a "61", you,
like Gerard want me to say, it really is a 60.  Now you should get a
good laugh if someone like me with a "61" bug-I was trying to tell you
it was one of the last few cars off the line and worth more money.  Then
again it is one of the last of the "Austin Healey Sprites" (no where in
the original owners or factory shop manuals does it say Mark I), so I
guess it should be worth more.
        My 2001 Jeep Wrangler was built in Oct 2000. So does that make
it... never mind.
                Crash

I always get a laugh at the classifeds when someone is trying to sell a
61
Bugeye, like such a thing exists....................... Only in Oz,
gospel
according to Horler!!!
Brad