Re: New LBC owner (Non-Spridget)

To: Bill Hunt <Billh@aaai.com>
Subject: Re: New LBC owner (Non-Spridget)
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 22:37:16 -0500
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Bill Hunt wrote:

 > Any problems specific to
> Innocenti's?

Watch how you word that, Jay may get upset.
Sure try to find those rare Ferarri tail lights unique to an Innocenti!
Oh, he has an Innocenti badged Mini? It's a Mini, not an Innocenti.
Jay has Innocentis, Italian BODIED Sprites that don't look anything like
a sprite.
Back to the only problems specific to the Mini is the fact that whatever
you drop always goes behind the engine and gets trapped on the shift
linkage causing you to pull the drivetrain to free up the shifter.
Speedo cable repair, pull drivetrain, radiator hose? pull drivetrain,
fanbelt? yank drivetrain. But in the year my son had his Mini, we only
pulled the drivetrain maybe once a week. Usually on Saturday, every
Saturday for about a year. It went back in every Saturday and we got
real good at it.  What was a real PITA was getting the engine almost all
bolted up and dropping that wrench behind the carbs down on the shift
linkage.....Under an hour out and in and back out again ;)

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ