WIPER CONTROLS Am I asking too much?

To: "spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: WIPER CONTROLS Am I asking too much?
Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2003 17:12:59 -0600
Am I asking too much?
Recently six or more listers inquired of the cost for one of my wiper
control units.
I replied to all inquires that I would build one for their car for 39.95 +
6.00 priority mail shipping.
   Maybe my messages are not going out due to the recent virus, but I have
not received any messages back from any of them. Am I asking too much?
 The printed circuit board alone cost me $10 to have made up, not counting
the many hours it took me to design and lay out the board itself. The rest
of the components cost about $12.  Two hours assembly time, one hour
testing, packing, making up an installation kit and a trip to the post
office. So figure three hours or more at minimum wage and tell me, if I am
asking too much?
   Im not trying to become rich from making these up for my club members
and other LBC owners, but it gives me something to do in my retirement and
keeps me from drinking too much beer. Am I asking too much?
  VB charges 39.95 + 8.75 UPS ground shipping for their simple delay switch.
This device just turns your wipers on and off. You have to change your car
to negative ground to use it. It provides no means of scratch prevention or
motor protection. And I doubt they will give you one-year free replacement
if it fails.
   Please tell me if I am asking too much.- Ed

Cool Cat Eddie ,1 S3 GT,3 S4's, 2 S5's, 2 MK1 Tigers