RE bugeye grill

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: RE bugeye grill
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 23:28:47 -0500
If only I were so lucky, both bugeye grills i have have several mount studs
broken off. Did you fix any of these in yours? THanks-Josh

Hi Brian

While I concede that it might be a good thing, I can't recall ever seeing a
stainless steel grill for a bugeye.  We were also counseled (in 1996) to be
sure and keep the old grill if possible, since new ones generally didn't fit
as well.  We did, so we don't have any real proof of the fit thing.  It did
get replated and looks pretty good.   In general, we found that we were ahead
financially to plate what we had rather than order new; however, most of the
chrome was in fairly good shape and didn't have to be straightened or
anything.  (There is even a piece or two that just got polished with dynamite
cleaner.)