RE: HIF44 Carb and Manifold

To: <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com>
Subject: RE: HIF44 Carb and Manifold
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 09:06:08 -0500
Cc: "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net> 42dbca82.dsl.aros.net id h1CE9mCL008880
David,

I've heard claims that the Metro manifold works - but others insist that the
top of the carb will hit the bonnet when using that one.  The MG Metro manifold
has also been said to work.  I know of some who have successfully used these
manifolds, but only after either removing material from the screw top on the
plunger, finding a screw top with a lower profile or machining the manifold or
the phenolic spacer at an angle to cant the whole thing down a little.  The
other option is to get the Titan Motorsports manifold (Mini Spares have it, as
do others), which is purpose built for the job.

While your friend is there, have him grab a heatshield too - it has mounting
points for the choke and throttle cables - and the throttle cable itself (it
has a special plastic end on it).

Phil

Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 09:42:08 -0600
From "David Lieb" <dbl at chicagolandmgclub.com>
Subject: HIF44 Carb and Manifold

A friend of mine is going home to Wales for a visit. Knowing that I have the
Midgets, he has asked me if there is anything I would like him to bring back
for me. I was thinking of picking up an HIF44 and manifold, but I wasn't
sure if there were any stock manifolds which would fit under the bonnet of
the RWA Midgets. Anyone know? Anything else I should be looking for?
TIA
David Lieb
1972 RWA Midget
1973 RWA Project