Larger LBC & No SNow YET - 9:45 PM

To: "Spridgets Digest" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Larger LBC & No SNow YET - 9:45 PM
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2003 21:57:55 -0500
Still no snow on the ground here in Fairfield, CT.  But, the forecast is
ominous.  By tomorrow afternoon, it will be too deep to drive the VERY low
MGB in the area.  So, taking wife's Saab to work tomorrow.  Yes, I know it's
a holiday.  Tell my boss.

The MGB is cruddier than it has even been.  It's been too cold to hose off
the road-gunk & salt, much less wash it.  Looks awful.  But, once inside &
warmed up, it goes like heck & since the inside is clean & warm, I'll just
have to wait for Thursday when it will get above freezing.  Meanwhile, I'll
be driving it again Tuesday after the roads have been plowed some.

Painted the Turner chassis today & installed the front lowering kit.  The
kit is a piece of cake to install.  Especially with the body off.

A thread on the Vintage Racing Digest a while ago prompted me to install
some spacers under the front shocks to induce some negative camber.  I think
I'll get some longer hardened bolts & make angled aluminum-plate spacers, as
the downward angle of the shock arm gives positive camber when it moves up
as under hard braking.  Anyone find a solution to this phenomenon?

Norm Sippel