Safety and LBCs

To: "mailto:pythias"@pacifier.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Safety and LBCs
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 17:50:14 -0700
Hey Bill -

I don't know everything. The info I have as
a traffic violator school teacher and former
seat belt mfr rep etc is that air bags make
great s c a p e g o a t s. If the kid is properly
restrained so you or I could grab and wrestle
with the seat and it wouldn't budge, then
the airbag is no threat. Front seat is fine.
Certainly putting a kid in a rear-facing child
seat where there's a bag is an absolute
no-no, but people do it and wonder why.

Sodium azide is very nasty, raw. After the
ignition, it is more an irritant and less so
now with current recipes. It scares people
because it comes out of the back of the bag
in such a fine powder that it looks like smoke.

British Racing Green is damn near invisible
to other drivers. I think I'd like to be very sure
the idiot behind me in his stupid SUV absolutely
does see me.

Trust no-one, right?

David McCartney