bugeye fuel tank sender unit (again)

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: bugeye fuel tank sender unit (again)
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 15:30:34 -0500
Anyone help me out with this fuel tank sender? I am getting constant 0 ohms
resistance regardless of the float position in testing. Is it supposed to be
like this? I am told maybe its supposed to vary from 20-280 as the float moves?
I have 4 units and all 4 give me the constant 0. It seems unlikely to me that 4
float units in physically sound condition have devloped a common fault? I do
not want to buy a repro unit with a plastic float. Thanks for help -Josh