Re: Clutch advice please?

To: "Brent Wolf" <wolfbj@prodigy.net>, "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>, <midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: Clutch advice please?
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 07:30:50 -0000
Brent,
I would check 2 things before anything else.
Look closely at the engine mounting rubbers - are they tight and in
reasonable condition?
Secondly try a pry-bar behind the crank pulley to check if there is
play in the crankshaft.

It sounds to me as if the crank thrust bearings have dropped out. If
this has happened it could give the vibration problem that you
mention. They are not difficult to replace with the engine in situ (
although I don't know if the mod for pin-ing in place can be done)  I
always used to put mine in with bearing locktight on the rear face.

You may find that there is nothing wrong with the clutch

Guy
The optimist!