Re: oil pressure warning light

To: "Chris King" <cbking@alum.rpi.edu>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>, "David Lieb" <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com>
Subject: Re: oil pressure warning light
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 07:35:30 -0500
Actually, the light (and electric temp gauge) were fitted
starting in '78.

The reason for the change had nothing to do with the 1500
engine, it had more to do with saving a few pounds on
production costs by (a) using less expensive components and
(b) standardizing them between the 3 models (MGB, MGB-GT and
Midget).  Remember that the last 3 years of production on
these cars was (unfortunately) all about wringing the last
shilling out before killing the line off.  I damn shame, and
a stupid decision, but that's BL for ya'.

IMHO, the 1500 gets a bad rap for its engine, but I won't
drag that soapbox out.

Chris K.