Bashing

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Bashing
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 10:41:13 -0500
I have kept quiet during all this Texas and SUV bashing this time around.

Please, just stop and think about what could happen soon to our "RIGHTS" and
privileges from our constitution.  Just suppose one of the nuts in this
screwed up world decides to drop a nuclear bomb on us - doesn't matter where.
I don't live in Texas but I DO own a Saturn VUE SUV and I love it.  I do live
in the south (SC) and I do not like it, and I have the right to say that.  I
am a true Pennsylvanian.  (Please don't start bashing PA again - ya'll need
new writers - these repeats are getting stale)

You talk about rights for smoking, driving SUVs, etc., etc.  Those things are
not important.  What IS important is the fact that we DO have those rights.
We also have the right to get up on our soap box and "give 'em hell" for
anything we believe in or disagree with.  I am an ex-smoker.  I loved to smoke
but my health deters me from smoking any longer.  I still have the right to
smoke if I want to feel bad - my choice.  I would never stand for anyone
coming to my door and telling me I cannot do that.  Or, telling me I can no
longer drive my VUE.  Or, come to my door telling me I cannot have a gun.  Or,
come to my house and tell me which church I can attend or cannot attend.  Or
questioning my heritage should my origin be from some other country.  My
family has lived in PA forever, BUT we are of German-French origin.  Maybe
someone would knock on my door and tell me all the German-French people had to
live in a compound of some kind.  These are the things we should be concerned
about.  We should be also concerned about our sons, daughters, husbands,
wives, grandsons, etc., who are displaced from their homes right now and taken
to a foreign soil to fight an unseen enemy who is a savage nut case who could
care less about human lives or how he takes them.  BUT, we do have a right to
be there to defend our freedom.  We do have the right to fight to keep the
right to smoke, the right to own an SUV and any other slilly little things we
take for granted, and also the right to drive these little unsafe cars who,
with one swish of a Hummer or even a mid-sized car, would be demolished to a
small piece of metal which would be scraped off the highway.  BUT, we do have
the right to own one if we are that crazy which I am, like the rest of you.

Stick to the important rights.  Stick to the constitution and do not ever
question it.  Live by it, fight for it, keep it and spit in the eye of the
aggression that could come to our beautiful land to try to take any of these
rights away.  The right to feel safe has already been threatened but not taken
away.  We WILL be safe again.  We WILL always be Americans and live in the
land of the free.

'nuff said.

Bev Cleary