Re: SUV arguments... of Sun, 23 Feb 2003 11:25:40 -0500

To: RobertDuquette@Sympatico.ca (Robert Duquette)
Subject: Re: SUV arguments... of Sun, 23 Feb 2003 11:25:40 -0500
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2003 12:05:11 -0500 (EST)
Cc: Spridgets@autox.team.net (Spridgets)
Heh, heh!!

S/O's can be so cruel with the best of
intentions, eh?? :)

Actually, in all seriousness, I look forward
to reading this article, Bob. I, personally,
consider them a safety hazard (in traffic) unless they're as wide as
they are tall (Humvee). I've just seen 'em roll-over
upon others too many times with the whole kit and kaboodle running into
others alongside. Wheelbase and/or
track too short for height...high C/G
combined with relatively heavy front
end in terms of fore/aft "balance".
(design flaws?).

Otherwise, I've no gripes with them at
all and will defend the right of others
to buy whatever the hell they want with
their hard-earned cash for whatever
reasons they care to choose, without having to justify their choice to
anyone
else.

OK, I can't see ahead of and around them,
even in my GTi but this is the case with
minivans, vans, trucks and big rigs which
abound in my area anyway, so no big deal.

Those who go after individual drivers
instead of writing their elected representatives are the same jerks who
went after individual soldiers coming home from Vietnam, idiotically
branding
them as "baby killers". They just can't
see the forest through the trees, in any
event, let alone SUV's!

Cap'n. Bob (Ret'd)
      '60 Frog