Re: FW: Those wacky Califonia legislators are at it again...

To: "Robert E. Shlafer" <PilotRob@webtv.net>
Subject: Re: FW: Those wacky Califonia legislators are at it again...
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 12:28:34 -0600
Cc: wsthompson@thicko.com, rusty00362@earthlink.net, DonMay@attbi.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
"Robert E. Shlafer" wrote:

> "Toyman" posted at this point, recommending that Don hold onto these
> smog parts instead, due to the fact you
> never know what the idiot legislators
> will do or think of next, in that Don might
> have to put these parts back on the car
> at some point in future.

I would like to point out NOW, while all are still pondering this point, that
ALL

our legislators, are IDIOTS, when it comes to "real" life. Many politicians go

the hill with high hopes and great intents, but the road to hell is paved with
good intentions. Lets think about this for a minute. A guy gets up to the hill,

good guy, a guy that is gonna rock the boat and make a difference. But then he
gets a gift, he may send it back. Then he is invited to a poker game, maybe he
declines. Maybe he goes for a drink with some others from work, maybe he gets
offered drugs, maybe a hooker. Here is a guy, getting every sin know to man,
offered to him for free.
Why?, you ask. Bear with me, read on......
Well, it's like this, once they find his weakness, we all have one. I do doubt
though, that there is a legislator with a stash of Spridgets somewhere. Then the
lobbyist groups feed that weakness, keep it maintained. maybe a couple of photos
of this "wave maker" guy indulging. So now, sometime down the road, there is a
vote on an issue that this "wave maker" is gonna make a difference on. Yet he
votes entirely opposite of what he said he would. WHY??? He was there for our
best interests!!
Right??
WRONG!!
The Lobby groups have called in their card.
"Hey, Mr. Wave Maker, we need your support on this issue"
NO, I promised my constituents that I would "make a difference!"
"Is that so? What do you think your constituents would think of these photo of
you with,
    A. a coke spoon in your nose,
    B. a whore,
    C. a gambling tab and a bookie named Vinnie,
    D. a little boy,
    etc." (you get the point)
"I'm not worried, no one will see those photos!"
Well, Mr. Wave Maker, I appreciate your boldness. But rest assured, they will be
seen. It just so happens that my boss has friends in the media. If you DON'T
vote

our way today, plan on seeing these photos on the news tonight!"

C'mon list members, we know that lots of crooked things go on up at the hill.
Now

you know why you only see a few of them on the small screen. I know I sound
paranoid, but this is quite plausible. For those that like to read Sci-Fi, check
out Mission Earth by L. Ron Hubbard. The first book is tough to get through, but
the rest is an absolute joy to read. It really delves into aspects of our
government that one wouldn't normally consider. It is NOT Dianetics! It is a
story, and a most humorous one at that.

I now return you (at least those of you that read this far) to your normally
scheduled email.

Brad