Re: Help..possible scam

To: <GMGoodman@aol.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Help..possible scam
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 19:06:48 -0600
> I have a MGB listed at mgcars.org .  I have been contacted by a person who
> claims to have a client in Dubai, United Arab Emirates...is ready to bank
> transfer money into my account...has not seen the car or asked one
question
> about it...sounds like a scam to me ...I have asked for info and
> references....anyone ever hear of such a deal?

Yes sir, I do the classified ads for the Chicagoland MG Club and had a
virtually identical situation presented to me by one of the people
advertising on our page. My advice to him was the old standby of "if it
sounds too good to be true, it generally is". I would steer clear.
David Lieb
CMGC Ad Geek