Re: Help..possible scam

To: <GMGoodman@aol.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Help..possible scam
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2003 12:47:11 -0600
I was just in tweaking some ads on the classifieds page for the Chicagoland
MG Club and realized that Jerry Goodman was also advertising his car on our
site. That makes two of these scams that have contacted people advertising
on our site, so I am posting a warning there since there is absolutely no
chance whatsoever that these are legitimate attempts to buy cars. As one of
the links posted by Rob Lewis points out, this is related to the scam that
has been running with amazing success trying to get people to launder money
for some African banker. The Niles police department (I work for the Village
of Niles, so I get to ask them interesting questions) assures me that there
is a site where you can report those scams (and presumably these, too). The
FBI will shut down that particular address. No, it doesn't do more than
annoy the perps, but at least something has been done... I will get that
address and post it here as soon as I can.
David Lieb
CMGC Ad Geek