Re: Carb Question

To: Jacques Le Clainche <jleclainche@cox.net>
Subject: Re: Carb Question
Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2003 13:21:50 -0500
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Jacques Le Clainche wrote:

> I would be interested to hear from
> anyone who has their own test data from using different carbs on the same
> engine, especially on the street.

Starting with stock 1.25s on a Vizardized log intake and going to a
45 DCOE made a world of difference. It felt like a rocket from dead stop
thru
all rpms. I tried 2 different 1.75 SUs on 2 different intakes.
What can I say but both 1.75s worked. I mean the car started, ran just
fine and the set up I had WILL put a bump in your bonnet.
After a day or 2 of puttering around town, I stuck the DCOE back on the
Sprite. It hasn't been off since.
I also have a 40 DCOE on my A40 (stock 1275) It does eat more gas then
the 1.75 SU. So while my daughter was using the A40 as her only daily
driver, I stuck the 1.75 on it. That night when she came home she said
"Daddy, I want my Weber back!" On the A40 it was mileage or get out of
it's own way. We opted for the for the later.
The A40 still has the DCOE on it.
The 1.75 went to some grasshopper racer out in IL near the WI border.
I heard I was getting it back.

My personal experiences on real cars in the real world.
I have also heard people say the 1.75 is as good as the DCOE.
That is what they read, those particular people never owned a DCOE.
Vizard says both flow about the same amount of air.
My cars run on GAS ;) the Weber flows a lot more gas.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ