Re: Re:Scrambled E-mail

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Re:Scrambled E-mail
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2003 15:50:56 EST
In a message dated 3/2/03 7:54:54 AM, pythias@pacifier.com writes:

<<
      to understand scrambled email is to understand the nature of the
      net itself. ..

      EVERTHING is sent by packets, made up of parts of the
      information carried, whether it is email, a web page, a
      newsgroup, whatever.

      it travels thru the various "routers" (numbering SIX i think in
      the US and others around the world) by the route that is LEAST
      busy at the time, thus various packets of the SAME "message" can
      travel by VERY different routes, depending upon traffic at any
      given moment. when it gets to the addressed "server" it is
      reassembled. thus mail sent from different points at different
      times can take differing amounts of time to arrive.>>

Thank you Bill.  Now I understand that neither end has complete control.
With as many e-mails as we have on this list daily, multiplied by the number
of people on the list, it isn't surprising that we have a glitch now and
then.  I still couldn't have even guessed we would be here back in 1961 when
I went to work for Control Data.  It's a whole different world.

Annice & Bob
1960 Bugeye (Mk. IV in disguise) "The Sprite"
1966 Sprite Mk. III (Still in Boxes) "Trevor"