Re: Carb Question+ new anti pollution law

To: PilotRob@webtv.net, jleclainche@cox.net
Subject: Re: Carb Question+ new anti pollution law
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2003 19:11:47 EST
Cc: spritenut@Exit109.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 3/2/03 1:52:11 PM, PilotRob@webtv.net writes:

<< This is what I do not underestand about
this alleged "notice of proposed" law....

Hi Bob:

Earlier post seems to have fallen into the black hole, so I will answer your
rant on this, since I did research it last night.  Apparently the bill was
submitted a week ago (2/21/3).  The guy is part of a committee trying to
implement air pollution standards.  What we have here is the downside of the
perfect climate in southern California.  The pollution nuts square off at the
car nuts because they are there, and there aren't enough of them to fight
back too much.  The current standards were put in place two or three years
ago, after a really hard fight with Gray Davis, who wanted them tightened.  I
expect this guy is a Democrat Lackey doing Davis' bidding.  The "rewrite"
consists of changing the dates 15 years back from what they were.  As it
stands now, cars over 30 years old are exempt, but they can be stopped on the
street for smoking--just like newer cars.

It's annoying, but I've already jumped into my routine without even getting
upset about it and suggested Jacques do the same, even though the Bugeyes ARE
exempt under the new proposed law.  Maybe this time around I will see if I
can enlist Jay Leno--now there is a cause that would be a good one for a
celebrity to get involved in.  Jay has a beautiful collection of vintage cars
and motorcycles, from what I hear, and does his best to promote the hobby.
How better than keeping the politicians off our backs.

Annice & Bob
1960 Bugeye (Mk. IV in disguise) "The Sprite"
1966 Sprite Mk. III (Still in Boxes) "Trevor"