Re: PerTronix Ignitor 2003 22:46:29 -0500

To: allenk@zdial.com (Allen Kramer)
Subject: Re: PerTronix Ignitor 2003 22:46:29 -0500
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 09:03:35 -0500 (EST)
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Allen my boy....

www.LBCarCo.com carries these and
has decent prices as does http://coupers-cars.com along with a host
of others. Do a websearch on "PerTronix
Ignitors" and visit a couple of websites.

Prices are higher for the positive earth
types probably due to economy of scales
in terms of demand.

Hook-up is very straightforward. Get
yourself "matched" coils and wires while
your at it...why go 1/2 way?! :)

I do not recall the specific difference in
design between "1" and "ll" but the later
produces more juice or bounce to the ounce.

The original units had some design problems and you could not leave them
"on" without the engine running back then,
but these "teething" problems are long gone. I have only had one problem
in the
two years I've run one on my BE, but that
was due to mis-installation of the first
unit, and PerTronix replaced it, anyway.

Just make sure the wires within the
distributor are free of any binding on metal parts or they'll chafe and
short out...
just make sure you can turn the dizzy
as far as the advance plate will go and
all wires remain "clear".

PerTronix Tech. is easy to deal with and
a phone call away if you have any problems...very helpful and easy to
deal
with.

Cap'n. Bob (Ret'd)
      '60 Frog