Re: Registration Questions for California Listers

To: "Loud Sprite" <loudsprite@attbi.com>
Subject: Re: Registration Questions for California Listers
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2003 07:57:48 -0800
Cc: "spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Hi Al,

If you are willing to put up with the restrictions on use, go with the
"Historic Vehicle" plate.  Otherwise go with the standard unrestricted
plate.  AAA can be very helpful with registration of an LBC, just ask.  At
the DMV,  the magic phrase seems to be "This is a Special Interest Vehicle".
Little things like a missing non-op cert. and poor condition original
paperwork seem to be less of a problem after this phrase is uttered.

Good luck and welcome to the People's Republic of Kalifornia.  I've been
driving my bugeye top-down to work for the last few weeks and will do it
again this morning.  Come for the crazies, stay for the weather.

Glen