Oil spill

To: "Kent Miller" <BUSHWACKER4@zoomtown.com>
Subject: Oil spill
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2003 23:24:05 -0500
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
A week ago my '72 Midget had a new clutch installed. I had the oil pan gasket
and seals replaced at the same time hoping to reduce the leak. I hadn't really
noticed much improvement but 3 days ago the leak became a spill.

After the engine gets warmed up on a 10 - 15 minute drive, the oil will almost
flow. I probably lose 3 - 6 oz. with 5 minutes after parking the car. The leak
appears to be around the rear seal. Both the mechanic and his manager called
the parts supplier, not believing they had the proper parts. They were assured
the parts were correct and they do match the Moss catalogue illustrations.

I know from previous postings that oil capacity of LBC's is infinite and they
utilize the Constant Oil Changing System. What are some other possible causes
and solutions?

dale