RE: product endorsement

To: "'Wm. Severin Thompson'" <wsthompson@thicko.com>, "Team-Thicko@Autox.Team.Net" <team-thicko@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: product endorsement
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2003 16:08:25 -0600
Cc: "Spridgets@Autox.Team.Net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Everybody has their price!

        -----Original Message-----
        From:   Wm. Severin Thompson [SMTP:wsthompson@thicko.com]
        Sent:   Friday, March 07, 2003 12:26 PM
        To:     Team-Thicko@Autox.Team.Net
        Cc:     Spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
        Subject:        product endorsement

        Hey y'all,

        Dunno about you, but between all my car projects, household
remodelling, 4
        90+ lb dogs, and the fact that I'm a natural born slob... I manage
to find
        the need for a good clean up now and then.

        Of course, while elbow deep in grease while wrenching on a Sprite,
I've been
        known to rinse my hands off with brake clean (which probably
accounts for
        the 3rd eye I have forming in the middle of my forehead...).
Eventually, the
        remaining brain cells I have came to the conclusion that this was
not a good
        practise.

        Also, around the house, especially after a big Thicko style BBQ
shindig with
        home made sauces and pig bones flyin' everywhere, ya find you need a
decent
        degreaser to clean the stove, etc.

        Personally, while some like Simple green... I can't stand the smell
of it.
        Looks and reminds me of Cloraseptic. While it's supposedly
environmentally
        friendly, I 've found it works just "ok". Of course, the usual stuff
like
        Fantastik, and Formula 409 (which I always dug just because of the
Chevy
        cubic inch resemblance) really don't work well without a fair amount
of
        scrubbing.

        I can remember way back in the mid 60's (you too could remember if
you
        hadn't smoked as much rope in the 70's)  when a friend of the family
came by
        to demonstrate these new extra special Amway products. You could buy
them
        from your friend, cut out the middleman, get a great product, put
your
        friend's kids thru college... and everyone was happy. When the guy
sprayed
        this cleaner on my grubbly little paw prints on the doors and walls,
the
        marks just washed down... it was amazing. (Of course, what my Mom
and I
        failed to realize was we were buying some big vat of concentrated
cleaner...
        and the guy was using it full strength, rather than at the watered
down
        levels you were s'posed to mix the stuff.

        So, 40 years later, I've got this bottle of Orange Clean. I think
its the
        same stuff that guy "Billy Mays here" hawks on TV (and you want to
choke the
        livin' sh*t out of him every time his commercials come on...).
Anyway... I
        took the bottle and sprayed it on a car trailer rim plucked from a
        junkyard... and the grease just starts runnin. off. I try it on the
stove
        top ("what was I cookin' and what day was that?"), and the stuff
just
        dissolves. Amazing.

        So, the Flounder product endorsement of the day is Orange Clean,
made by
        OrangeGlo. (800) 781-7529 www.greatcleaners.com

        Dunno what's in it, but it smells like Tang (another 60's reference
for
        those of you payin' attention), and it works. There are lots of
other orange
        cleaners out there as other companies get on the marketing
bandwagon.. but
        this one works.

        WST
        Flounder
        (Mr. Thompson has provided this endorsement without compensation,
and is not
        affiliated with OrangeGlo in any way... but, if they want to send me
        case....)

        ///  Send your messages to spridgets@autox.team.net
or try
        ///  Archives at http://www.team.net/archive/