RE: Weber question

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Weber question
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 10:14:41 -0800 (PST)
Mike,
Thanks for the response. Send my regards to Gerard. I haven't talked with him
for several months. Tell him I still have a tranny and some rims for him when
he's ready. I understand his situation. The stuff isn't going anywhere.
My head setup will be stock. Nothing special going on there. I'm leaning
towards the HIF6 but the latest threads on the Weber piqued my interest again.
I've had this darn Weber 45 sitting around for 6 or 8 years thinking I'd stick
it back on one of my B's but frankly the car I took it off  didn't run that
well. When the Bug project came along I thought that might be a possibility.
I'm not sure my engine, with a stock head, will be hot enough for the Weber 45.
The way the carb is currently setup I'm thinking it might be too pricey to make
the necessary changes to make it worth while. I'm keeping an open mind however.
I have plenty of time to study the options until I'm ready for the engine
compartment.
If you come up with any ideas give me a holler!
Thanks,
Larry Pitts

 Mike MacLean <macleans@earthlink.net> wrote: Larry,
David Anton at APT says the single HIF6 is THE hot setup right now for
Minis. He has an intake manifold for the single HIF6 setup that fits under
the Spridget bonnet. The Mini manifold has the mounting flange at a different
angle. You can check it out at www.aptfast.com.
Mike MacLean-60 Sprite
P.S. I am having a 1275 built by Gerard right now with the exact same setup as
yours and am leaning towards the Weber. What ratio rockers are you going to
use. As per David, I am using 1.5s with Rimflo valves.