Re: B+/Midget & Sprite Magazine

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: B+/Midget & Sprite Magazine
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 09:35:10 EST
In a message dated 3/14/03 7:18:38 AM Eastern Standard Time,
dan.dwelley@ps.ge.com writes:

> You know...It was nice to have a magazine for us Spridget owners ONLY. I
> still have my original copy in the envelope it came in as well as the
> copies
> after. I hate the fact that everything is B this and B that while the
> Spridget always takes the back seat!! Personally, I thing the Spridget is a
> much better looking car than the B.

- - - - - - - - - -

In this day and age everything comes down to economics.  It just isn't
possible to put out a quality magazine for just Spridget owners.  There
aren't enough of us out there, or enough advertisers to make it pay.  We even
have to join the NAMGBR because there isn't a national club for Spridgets.

OTOH, Bs are a very close relative and I enjoy sharing stories and
experiences with my extended family.  At car shows, I spend as much time with
all the MGs and Healeys, and other Brit cars, as I do with Spridgets.
Sprites and Midgets are usually split up at most shows anyway.

So come out to Sprite Spree 03 and we'll have our own gathering!  (I wonder
why Midgets aren't included in the name of Sprite Spree?  Hmmmmm!)

Allen Hefner
Phila. Region SCCA Rally Steward
'77 MG Midget  (#51 FSP)
'75 MG Midget (The Project)